Sugarloaf Sweet Retreat Cedar
SLEEPS: 4 in standard beds (6 max, using rollaway beds)
*Skiing at Hickory Hills Ski (Less than 30 minutes away)
*HEATED (summer) SWIMMING POOL (shared)
*15 MILES FROM SLEEPING BEAR DUNES
2019: Enjoy our fully UPDATED kitchen with new appliances!
Easy, convenient pool right out the sliding glass door off the living room.
Spacious 2 bedroom, townhome with a property pool, located in Leelanau County! This Sugarloaf townhome is an ideal spot located in the heart of the Leelanau Peninsula- minutes from Lake Michigan,Sleeping Bear Dunes, Little Traverse Lake, Glen Arbor, Leland and much more!
This is the perfect retreat for the avid golfer, hiking enthusiast, water or wine lover. If you've always wanted to explore Sleeping Bear Dunes, this is the perfect location for your visit to Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore. Rent a local dune buggy or bring your comfortable shoes for climbing and walking the dunes at your leisure. The area surrounding Sugarloaf has a variety of lakes to enjoy water sports, wineries (20+), spas and great restaurants, all within a short drive.
As you walk into Sugarloaf Sweet Retreat, you are greeted with an easy space to take off your shoes, hang your jacket and enter your vacation comfortably. On the left, you'll find the kitchen with all the modern conveniences of home. You'll have a full-sized refrigerator, stove/oven, and microwave. Even the washer/dryer is conveniently tucked into a special spot on the edge of the kitchen. The kitchen has pots/pans, and all your basic utensils. Just ask us if there is something special you need and we'll do our best to make sure it is there for you. We want your trip to be as comfortable and convenient as possible. The kitchen has 2 entry/exit points, so it's easy to get around. A nice, simple 1/2 bath (with a sink and toilet) is just the entry way and across from the kitchen.
Outside one side of the kitchen is the dining area. Six people can conveniently eat together, just outside the kitchen. Next to the dining area is the cozy living room. There you will find a comfy couch and chairs to enjoy a movie, TV show, a game to play or bring a good book to read. The options are endless on vacation.
Through the living room and the back door wall, you can take a quick 2 minute stroll over to the pool, open Memorial Day through Labor Day. Bring your own beach towels!
Adjacent to the living room, you'll find the staircase leading up to the bedrooms on the 2nd floor. The first bedroom you'll encounter is the bedroom with 2 twin beds. Across the hall is the full-sized bathroom. Continuing down the hallway with hardwood floors, you'll find the master bedroom. The master bedroom has an attached full bathroom. There awaits a comfortable king-sized bed with a large window overlooking the back patio, pool and plenty of space to play catch or throw a Frisbee with one of your kids.
Consider Sugarloaf Sweet Retreat your home away from home. This is a townhouse in a resort-like community, so modern technology (wi-fi, cable TV) is at your fingertips, as well as a resort pool right out your back door!
2 Bedrooms: Both upstairs, with 2 roll-away beds for additional sleeping.
Master bedroom: King bed (with an attached bath)
Bedroom #2: 2 twin beds (can be converted to king size, just let us know)
*Additional sleeping: 2 roll-away beds located in each bedroom.
Bathroom #1: 1/2 bath downstairs/main floor
Bathroom #2: Full bathroom upstairs.
Bathroom #3: Full bathroom upstairs (attached to the Master Bedroom)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Air Conditioning: Yes-central air!
ATV's: Yes you may bring them. There is trailer parking in the main lot. You cannot ride directly from the townhouse.
Beach: The closest swimming beach is along Lake Michigan at Sleeping Bear Lakeshore about 15 miles away.
Boats: There is boat/trailer parking in main lot. The nearest boat launch is 1-2 miles at Little Traverse Lake. 10 minutes to Lake Leelanau.
Cable: Yes, there is a cable TV. There is a TV in the living room and one upstairs in the master bedroom.
Cell coverage: It is spotty in and around the peninsula, however, good on the premise of the property.
Deck/Balcony: There is a small patio on the main level with patio chairs. There is also a balcony off of the master bedroom upstairs.
Dining Area: There is a dining room table that seats 6 people.
Fire pit: Sorry, there is not a fire pit on site.
Fireplace: Yes- natural wood burning fireplace.
Grill: Yes, there is a propane grill.
Internet/WiFi: Yes, while there technically is Wifi, it can be spotty at times. It is not ideal for people who need to have strong, steady WiFi. It is DSL (.2mbps)
Ironing Board & Iron: Yes
1. Coffee Maker: Yes
2. Stove/oven: Yes
3. Dishes &Utensils: Yes
4. Dishwasher: Yes
4. Microwave: Yes
5. Pots & Pans: Yes
6. Refrigerator: Yes
7. Toaster: Yes
Linens: Yes, we provide your sheet, linens, bath towels and kitchen towels.
Pets: Due to allergies, we can not accept pets at this time. Thank you for understanding.
Pool: Yes-there is a community heated pool you are welcome to use during your stay.
Smoking: No smoking allowed of any kind, on the property. Due to the close proximity of the neighbors, it is strictly prohibited.
Towels: Yes, we provide bath towels. Please bring your own beach/pool towels.
Washer and dryer: Yes, right off the kitchen on the main floor. Very easy and convenient.
Snowmobiles: Yes you may bring them. There is trailer parking in the main lot. You cannot ride directly from the townhouse. The closest trail is LP3-located approximately 4 miles away.
- Sleepy Bear Dunes - Great day trip! Take the scenic drive around the Pierce Stocking Scenic Drive, then continue down the road to climb the dunes (I dare any kid to say they don't love it), follow the road to a great beach and view at Sleeping Bear Point Trailhead. Continue to follow the road to a very sweet and quaint town for some lunch/dinner at Cherry Republic (lots of tasty samples, fun souvenirs, and events). Cherry Republic is a MUST VISIT, so don't cut the day short and miss it! http://www.sleepingbeardunes.com/plan/maps-directions/
- Great Lakes Children's Museum - Fun indoor, educational, hands on play time. Every kid will love it! Be sure to check out what activities they have going on, in ADDITION to already fun play rooms! Recommended for 1 - 10 years old https://www.greatlakeskids.org/
- Pirate's Cove Adventure Park: Awesome adventure park for the older kids! Putt-Putt, Go-karts, bumper boats, & ropes course! The kids won't be able to help but have a swashbuckling of a good time! http://www.piratescove.net/traverse-city
- Clinch Park - Beautiful sand beach that the kids will love! Splash pad on sight for those kids who don't enjoy sand between the toes. Parents can pack light as there is a snack bar and restrooms on sight. It's a win-win-win! https://www.traversecity.com/listings/clinch-park/1752/
- Pool- Literally just steps from the back door. Kids and parents can enjoy swimming, without the hassle of packing everything needed back into the car!
- Rainy day? - Busy Bodies Bounce Town - Don't let the rain deflate your fun, INFLATE it at Bounce Town! Kids of all ages (including adults) will have a blast getting through obstacle courses and bounce houses! https://www.busybodiesbouncetown.com/
- Rainy Day? - State & Bijou Theater - Classics, kids, & up to date movies! Don't miss their $.25 matinee specials! That's right! Only a quarter to watch a movie! https://www.stateandbijou.org/
- Food the whole family can enjoy - Slabtown Burgers, That'sa Pizza, Round's Restaurant, Third Coast Bakery, The Omelette Shoppe, McDonald's, Burger King,
- Bel Lago Vineyards and Winery - Short 15 minute drive from the condo. In the heart of the Leelanau Peninsula, beautiful views of the vineyard and south lake Leelaau. Wine tasting is a must here! https://www.stateandbijou.org/
- Rove Estate - Great location for a fun-filled time with your girlfriends. Spectacular views and events! They feature tastings, live music, outdoor games, cozy up around the firepit and enjoy delicious locally sourced cheese, meats, nuts and chocolates! Tours available. http://www.roveestate.com/
- The Village at Grand Traverse Commons - Formerly the Traverse City State Hospital (Aslylum), now repurposed with shoppings, restaurants, and wine tastings. This place is huge, so plan to spend a good portion of the day here to see it all! Don't miss the underground tours and the adventure trails behind the building. https://www.thevillagetc.com/
- The Cheese Lady - If you are foodie who loves cheese, this place is a must! Delicious food, cozy atmosphere and great gifts to take home! https://thecheeselady.net/locations/traverse-city
- Doug Murdick's Fudge - YUM! Completely homemade, watch them make it right in front of you! 16 delicious flavors! Haven't tried a bad flavor yet! Best enjoyed back at the condo, with a fire in the fireplace and while playing some games with the girls! http://murdicksfudge.com/
- Riverside Canoe Trips - Float, canoe, or kayak down the Platte River! Lots of great memories to be made on the river! It's a little over half an hour drive to the site, but well worth it, if you are up for an adventure! http://www.canoemichigan.com/
- Clinch Park Beach - The best beach to kick back and relax the day away! Great views of the Bay! Snack shack and bathrooms on site! Just bring some towels from home! https://www.traversecity.com/listings/clinch-park/1752/
- Great food options - Roaming Harvest, Milk & Honey cafe and ice creamery, Poppycocks New American Cuisine, Grand Traverse Pie Company, The Dish Cafe
- Sugarloaf (The Old Course) - 5 min away from the condo! Beautiful views, unique structures and windmills all throughout the course. https://golftheloaf.com/
- Manitou Passage Golf Club - 5 min away from the condo! Voted 2010 Golfweek's best new course! Delicious on site dining at Arnie's Grill! Awesome clubhouse with a beautiful great room with fireplace and game tables. http://manitoupassagegolfclub.com/
- Giving Wings Aviation - In Traverse City, enjoy a birds eye view of the whole area on a tour in the sky! Breath-taking views! Options on type of plane! Flight training is provided, so you could potentially return from vacation as a pilot. https://flygwa.com/
- The River Outfitters - Love to be active? They have all your rentals that you would need (bike, paddle board, kayak, etc.) Plan your trip down the river, biking through the Bluffs or taking the KaBrew Tour! http://therivertc.com/
- View Nightclub - The club features 2 full-service bars and live music performances. VIP service is available at a fee. https://www.traversecity.com/listings/view-nightclub-at-west-bay-beach-resort/1600/
- West End Beach - Beautiful beach area with volleyball courts close by! https://www.traversecity.com/listings/west-end-beach/1755/
- Elmbrook Golf Course - Ready to try something new? Footgolf! It is one of the fastest growing international sports currently. Combine golf and soccer to form a fun, yet, challenging game called footgolf! Play on specifically crafted golf courses for the sport! So jump in your golf cart and get to kickin'! https://elmbrookgolf.com/foot-golf/
- Great food options - The Filling Station Microbrewery (try the s'mores pizza!), Dickey's BBQ pit, Slender's Family Tavern, Bootleggers Food and Spirits, Rare Bird Brew Pub, Taproot Cider House, Red Mesa Grill
- Basic paper products included.
- Cable- Satellite TV
- Central air conditioning
- Heat: Furnace
- Internet/ WI FI
- Iron & Ironing board
- Linens & towels included
- TV with ROKU
- Washer & dryer
- Coffee maker
- Standard kitchenware & utensils
- Heated Swimming Pool-(Resort shared pool)
- Patio chairs
- Swimming on property
Golfers Dream Trip:
Be sure to look over all the options in each category to mix and match, so you can plan the best vacation possible! Enjoy yourself at Sugarloaf Sweet Retreat!
|11/01/2019 - 01/01/2021||2||$109.00|
|01/02/2021 - 01/01/2022||2||$109.00|
Jonas, we are pleased that you liked staying at Sugarloaf Sweet Retreat. This 2 bedroom townhouse sleeps 4-6 and has a great stone fireplace plus a washer and dryer for guest's convenience. We hope to see you again.
Freshwater Vacation Rentals Response
Tonya, it sounds like Sugarloaf Sweet Retreat was perfect for your weekend away. This townhouse sleeps 4 in 2 bedrooms, and it has 2.5 bathrooms. Fall is a magnificent time of year to be there, and we hope to see you again.
Freshwater Vacation Rentals Response
Raja, we would love to have you come back again! Sugarloaf Sweet Retreat has a newly updated kitchen with new appliances. It is located in the heart of the Leelanau Peninsula and sleeps 4.
Freshwater Vacation Rentals Response
Chelsea, we are so happy that you enjoyed Sugarloaf Sweet Retreat. If one is into hiking, golfing and tasting wines, this is the perfect property to stay at. It has a washer and dryer for guest convenience. We hope to see you again.
Freshwater Vacation Rentals Response
Erin, thanks for this great review and the recommendation! Sugarloaf Sweet Retreat is a great vacation location. As you stated, there is just so much to do - it's the best! We hope you come back again.
Tom, we do love our returning guests! You are the best advertisement we could ask for. Sugarloaf Sweet Retreat is the perfect retreat for the avid golfer, hiking enthusiast, water or wine lover. There is simply so much one can do here. We look forward to your next return.
Sarah, we are so happy that Sugarloaf Sweet Retreat worked so well for you and your family. We'd love to see you come back again.
We are happy you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for you support of our company. We appreciate the word of mouth!