Rates are quoted on a per night, per week or per month basis as noted. Unless specified, check-in time is after 4pm and prior to 11am on the day of departure. Rates quoted are for the noted maximum occupancy, including children. All properties represented by Freshwater Vacation Rentals come fully equipped with linens, dishes and utensils and an initial supply of hand soap, toilet paper and paper towels. Other amenities vary per property.
Union Pier has very limited parking. the Brandon Cottage has 3 spots, the Sawyer and Grace Cottages have 2 spots and the Alex Cottage has just 1 available spot. If you are NOT staying in Union Pier, the parking will be sufficient for the maximum number of people in your group riding in cars with 2 people per vehicle. If you have additional questions or concerns about boats, trailers, RVs, campers, etc, please call our Freshwater Vacation Rentals office at (734) 284-5677.
RESERVATIONS AND PAYMENTS
Payment of the applicable 20% initial payment amount together with a signed rental agreement must be received by Freshwater Vacation Rentals before a confirmation will be issued. Final payment, consisting of the remaining balance, must be received by Freshwater Vacation Rentals at least forty-five (45) days prior to guest arrival (or immediately if booked less than thirty (30) days in advance of guest arrival).
The Freshwater Vacation Rental pet policy varies per property. Guests shall not bring any pets onto the property, unless with prior approval of the Freshwater Vacation Rentals.
Pets are not allowed on or in the Property without the express consent of Freshwater Vacation Rentals.
If a guest has been given permission to bring a pet to the property, the Guest must:
- Fee: There will be a non-refundable fee of $50 per pet, per Property. Max 2 pets.
- Types of pets: Dogs only-no cats or any other types of animals allowed.
- Housebroken: all pets must be completely housebroken.
- Leashes: All pets must be leashed at all times-no exceptions.
- Damages – Any damage to the exterior or interior of the premises, grounds, furnishings, flooring, walls, trim, finish, tiles, carpeting, or any stains, etc., caused by the pet will be the full financial responsibility of the pet owner and that pet owner agrees to pay all costs involved in the restoration to its original condition. If because of any such stains, etc., said damage is such that it cannot be removed, then pet owner hereby agrees to pay the full expense of replacement.
- Other Properties– You agree to not allow your pet onto any other surrounding properties. Allowing your animal(s) access to other properties could result in immediate termination of the rental agreement with forfeiture of all monies received. Your animal should be under your control at all times with no exceptions.
- Clean up after pet inside and outside the Property. Please double-check outside when departing that all droppings have been disposed of.
- Pet hair-please vacuum all pet hair during and upon the departure of your stay.
- Keep the pet off the furniture, or cover the furniture with Guest’s own linens to protect it from pet hair and stains.
- Do not leave the dog unattended.
Guest will not smoke indoors.
CANCELLATION AND REFUNDS
*45 + days prior to your arrival date: You will receive a refund of advance payment less $100 cancellation fee.
*44-15 days prior to your arrival date: 50% of total trip cost shall be refunded.
*14 or less days prior to your arrival date: No refund will be given.
~ No shows, late arrivals, and early departures are non-refundable. No refunds shall be provided for early departure, malfunctions in equipment (i.e., televisions, Wi-Fi) or weather conditions. However, FVR will do everything in our power to rectify the situation.
TRIP CANCELLATION PROTECTION-OPTIONAL
*MUST BE PURCHASED AT TIME OF SALE*
An all encompassing no questions asked, cancel for any reason policy.
Trip cancellation protection fee: 9.7% of trip cost.
*45+ days prior to arrival date: 100% refund of advanced payments to date less the trip cancellation protection or $100.00 whichever is less.
*44 days to 15 days prior to arrival date: 100% refund of trip cost paid to date less the cost of trip cancellation protection.
*14 days or less prior to arrival your choice:
A. 100% in house credit (of trip cost paid) toward a future booking less cost of trip cancellation protection.
B. 60% refund of trip cost paid less the cost of trip cancellation protection.
Since we are unable to control the weather conditions in Michigan, we will continue to follow our standard cancellation policy, regardless of the weather conditions. We will work with our guests to shift days around the same time period, yet no refunds will be given for weather-related cancellations. If on the day of your arrival, you are not able to enter the property due to the road conditions, a full refund will be issued immediately. Refund of monies paid for rental and services will be made under the following circumstances: If, on the day that the rental is scheduled to begin, the property is unfit for habitation and no equivalent substitute can be obtained, or the property is not reachable by the usual means of transportation, or access to the property by visitors has been prohibited by authorities.
To protect against cancellations caused by certain unforeseen events, such as illness, death, natural disasters, etc., we recommend that guests purchase trip cancellation and Interruption Protection insurance to assure refund of deposits paid and reimbursement of other vacation payments. Such insurance is available through travel agents, auto clubs such as AAA, or through our FVR Trip Cancellation Protection.
CATASTROPHIC EVENTS & EMERGENCY EVACUATIONS
If a catastrophe (blizzards, tornado, earthquake, flood, etc.) or any situation simply beyond our control impairs the vacation rental, Freshwater Vacation Rentals will do it’s best to assist our guests. and will do our best to finding alternate lodging for the renter or for the renter’s financial losses related to transportation or alternate lodging. Therefore, we suggest you consider Travel Protection Insurance to secure your vacation investment and eliminate your financial risk.