Abbott Lake House Rose City
SLEEPS: 8 comfortably
BEDROOMS: 3 (Queen size beds) + basement sleeping (2 twin beds)
BATHROOMS: 2.5 (one on each level)
*LAKEFRONT*- On private Briggs Lake
*2 KAYAKS INCLUDED
*SANDY BEACH ON PROPERTY
*ELECTRIC BOAT MOTORS ONLY
As you enter Huron National Forest, driving through the long tree lined, gravel driveway leading up to the cottage, you immediately feel a classic Up North experience upon you. As you get away from it all, there is ease on the forefront of this cottage in Rose City, Michigan. Pulling onto the nice driveway, you will find the cottage easily accessible, sitting on the small, 7 acre private Briggs Lake. Plus you have access to the Double Garage with opener so unpacking or packing is convenient regardless of the weather.
Entering the cottage, there is a convenient area to take off your boots, hang up a wet towel or just place all your coats together. Through the door you will immediately be captured by the gorgeous view from the large window across the living room. See the ideal space for your family to share meals on the beautiful wood table, directly across from the well-stocked kitchen. The kitchen has all your basic necessities, plus a few bonus small appliances, such as a micro-grill and blender. Unlike many vacation rentals, this cottage actually has a dishwasher and air conditioning, although the upstairs bedrooms still get quiet warm in the summer. The air-conditioning works well on the main floor and walk-out basement areas ONLY. The view of the small lawn and surrounding trees are ideal when you want to watch your children playing a lawn game.
Not only are the kitchen and dining area on the main floor, you will find a great living space with a comfortable, large couch for watching your favorite shows on the Smart TV. Bring your Netflix account information, or we'll provide you one. Even though the amenities are plenty and the comfort level high, it's hard to spend much time deep inside the cottage when there is so much to experience on the outside.
The main floor has a wide, comfortable year-round sunroom. Sit at the table with your laptop as you get caught up on email from work, or cozy up on the couch with a book on the opposite side of the porch. There is also a main floor bedroom with a queen bed which overlooks the grassy area. Watch the snow fall or your kids play on the beach, all from the comfort of the year round porch. This is ideal for anyone who would struggle getting down the incline to the beach area, yet want to see the fun. There is basic air conditioning ONLY on the main floor. The upstairs bedrooms are NOT air conditioned.
Across the living room is the stairs leading to the 2 upstairs bedrooms. Both bedrooms have a queen-sized bed. (Even with air-conditioning on the main level, the upstairs bedrooms get quite warm in the summer. The air-conditioning works well on the main floor and walk-out basement areas.) One bedroom faces the water, while the other faces the woods. Between the bedrooms is a small 1/2 bath with a toilet and sink, which is so convenient for those middle of the night trips to the bathroom. In the basement, there are 2 additional twin beds, plus a convenient stove and fridge. The washer and dryer are located in the kitchen area as well. Plus, on those rainy days there is nothing like a ping-pong tournament to bring your family together.
The truly unique piece of this Rose City cottage is the experience of feeling connected to nature through the astounding views of both the Huron National Forest and Briggs Lake. There are just so many things you can do in this area: tubing, fishing, kayaking, snowmobiling, ice skate right in the back yard, and golf courses are all not too far away!
- Start planning your next trip and stay here
- You are just 10 miles from the famous Au Sable River in northern Michigan
- Many services for canoe livery, including drop-off and pick-up areas.
- Aluminum boat
- A propane gas grill awaits your catch for the day.
- Fishing License: You can purchase your fishing license online at http://www.mdnr-elicense.com/Welcome/Default.asp
- Fairview Hill located in Mio, Michigan 48647 (989) 848-5810 (16.7 miles)
- West Branch Country Club Golf Course (public) located in West Branch, Michigan 48661 (989) 345-2501 (14.2 miles)
- Green Briar Golf Course located in Lupton, Michigan 48635 (989) 473-4900 (18.1 miles)
- Dream Golf Course located in West Branch, Michigan 48661 (989) 345-6300 (26.9 miles)
- Edgewood Greens Golf Course located in Prescott Michigan 48756 (989) 873-5427 (15.4 miles)
- Treetops Resort located in Gaylord, Michigan 49735 (866) 348-5249 (61.2 miles)
- Gotts' Landing located in Mio, MI 48647 (989) 826-3411 (10.6 miles)
- Hinchman Acres Resort located in Mio, MI 48647 (989) 826-3267 (10.6 miles)
- Rainbow Resort Canoes located in Mio, MI 48647 (989) 826-3423 (18 miles)
- Rose City Cafe located in Rose City, Michigan 48654 (989) 685-2234 (8.2 miles)
- The Faull Inn located in Rose City, MI 48654 (989) 685-2406 (7.6 miles)
- Randy's Restaurant & Bakery located in Rose City, MI 48654 (989) 685-3111 (7.8 miles)
- Trappers located in Rose City, MI 48654 (989) 685-3344 (7.7 miles)
- Hanson Hills Recreation Area in Grayling, Michigan 49738 (989) 348-9266 (41.2 miles)
- Treetops Resort located in Gaylord, Michigan 49735 (866) 348-5249 (61.2 miles)
- Otsego Club & Resort located in Gaylord, Michigan 49735 (989) 732-5181 (66.1 miles)
- Fireplace- gas
- Basic paper products included.
- DVD player
- Ceiling fans
- Linens & towels included
- Ping pong table
- Screened-in porch
- Iron & Ironing board
- Internet/ WI FI
- Washer & dryer
- Wood burning stove
- TV-NO cable
- Heat type: furnace
- Board Games
- Radio/CD Player
- Coffee maker
- Standard kitchenware & utensils
- Electric Skillet
- Kayak included
- Fire pit
- Rowboat included
- Sandy Beach
- Snowmobile from property
- Swimming on property
- Patio chairs
- Picnic table
- Walkway to Lake-Private Beach
- High Chair
Bring your poles for a shot at some small mouth bass, perch and blue gill and guest have use of:
Distance to nearest golf courses, tubing/kayaking/canoe establishments, restaurants & Ski Resorts, etc:
Nearest Gas Station -- 6 miles
Nearest Grocery Store -- 6 miles
Nearest Outlet Shopping -- West Branch, 23.8 miles
Nearest Bar -- 6 miles
No target practice allowed
|01/07/2019 - 05/23/2019||2||$300.00|
|2019||05/24/2019 - 06/13/2019||2||$225.00|
|06/14/2019 - 09/05/2019||3||$350.00|
|Sept-after Labor Day--Oct.||09/06/2019 - 10/31/2019||2||$150.00|
|11/01/2019 - 12/31/2020||2||$125.00|
Nick, we are thrilled that you and your guests had such fun at Abbott Lake House. Having the beauty of Huron National Forest surrounding you is really something special. We look forward to seeing you again next year!
Carla, you made our day! We love helping our guests have the best vacations ever, so we are really happy that Abbott Lake House was the perfect spot for you. We'll look forward to seeing you at one of our properties next year!
Rhonda, FVR is happy to help make your dreams come true! Abbott Lake House has the best views of the lake and the fire pit is great for smores! We'll look for you again next year.
Wendy, it makes us happy to hear that Abbott Lake House worked out so well for your family. Making summer vacation memories with grandkids is so special. We appreciate your comments about the staff of FVR. It is our mission to make each of our guest's stays as enjoyable and worry free as possible. We hope to see you again.
HI Angela, isn't it great when you find the perfect vacation spot? Abbott Lake House offers so much to its guests. You certainly had a good weather week for swimming - nothing better that cool water on a hot day. We hope to see you back again.
So happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We always appreciate when clients recommend us to their friends! Check out all of our 72 properties. We give returning guests a 10% discount when they book directly through us. We look forward to working with you in the future!
Hi Maria! Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at Abbott Lake House. We appreciate all of your positive comments. We are thrilled you got to enjoy Christmas with your family. We agree it's a great place whether it's winter or summer! We'd love to have you back this summer!
We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay! We love the deer watching up there as well! I feel a bit sorry for the turkeys around this time of year, but oh well! We hope to see you in the near future :)
We are happy you enjoyed your stay and am thrilled you enjoyed the fishing! Please consider renting one of our 54 other properties the next time you plan your Michigan adventure. We thank you for the compliments and appreciate your recommendation to others! Hope to see you soon!