Eagle Harbor- Docs Inn Eagle Harbor
*RENT 1 CABIN OR ALL 4 TOGETHER
There are 2 bedrooms, a full bathroom, a full kitchen, and a large dining and living room space.
Doc’s Inn-This cottage was built for a regular Lake Breeze guest. He was a physician who traveled with his chauffeur, so the house was built with two bedrooms; the larger for the doctor and the smaller for the chauffeur. The magnificent stone fireplace was built by Louis Ozzie who also built the fireplaces at the Keweenaw Mountain Lodge.
A message from the owners:
“At the turn of the century, our great-grandparents emigrated from Scandinavia and settled in the Keweenaw Peninsula not only building a new life for themselves but literally building many of the churches, schools, stores and homes in the area. Of course many childhood memories include swimming in Lake Superior, picking thimble berries, grilling fresh-caught fish and watching for bears and wildlife in this magical place.
We fell in love with these 4 cottages because they belonged to the original Lake Breeze Resort in Eagle Harbor. Built in the 20’s, this resort had 15 cottages that sat on “The Hill” overlooking the harbor. As time went on, some of the cottages were sold and we now find ourselves lucky enough to own four.
Frequently Asked Questions
A/C: no central air. A cross-breeze usually keeps it a nice temperature.
ATV’s: Best to leave those home. No trails close by and no parking for a trailer.
Bathroom: A full bathroom (shower/tub combo).
Beach:The beach is just a short walk across the street. This beautiful sandy beach is perfect for swimming, and even has an old-fashioned slide!
Beach Chairs:Each cottage has beach chairs, beach bags, and a line to hang up your beach towels outside!
Bedroom #1: has a queen bed
Bedroom #2: has a full bed.
Bugs: The typical mosquitos, flies, ants.
Cable: Yes, there is cable!
Cell phone service: Cell phone service is generally unreliable in the U.P. Though, we have found that Verizon works well here.
Copper Harbor Attractions:
Copper Harbor is a town that is a short 14 miles away from the cottages. In Copper Harbor you can find some very unique places that are a must see while you are in town!
- The Brick House- This is a micro brewery where you can find all of the finest craft beers in the area!
- The Harbor Haus- Authentic German food that you must try!
- Jamsen's Fish Market & Bakery:- Freshly baked goods are produced here every day.
- The General Store- Across the street from dining is where you will find an old fashioned general store that has a gas station as well.
- State Campground- Historical sightings where Indians once were.
- Eagle Harbor Restaurant- Come to this very delicious restaurant where you will find the freshest fish and the coldest craft beers!
- Gift Shop- “The Gem Store” is the perfect gift shop, especially for anyone who is a rock hound.
- The Jampot- Bakery affiliated with a monastery selling house-roasted coffee & very good bakery items.
- Great Sand Bay- Similar to the Traverse City “Sleeping Bear Dunes”! Just a short 3 miles away.
- Lighthouse- The lighthouse is just a two minute walk! There is a historical museum and a gift shop that also provides a huge observation deck where you go up the steps to sit and watch the freighters go by.
- Playground- In the middle of the village, there was an old fire station turned into a huge playground for kids with picnic tables and grills.
- Basic paper products included.
- Cable- Satellite TV
- Linens & towels included
- Internet/ WI FI
- Washer & dryer
- Coffee maker
- Standard kitchenware & utensils
- Patio chairs
- AirBnB Rounding Adjustment
Houghton is a short 30 minute drive and there is an airport in the area where you are able to rent a car. This city is on your way up to Eagle Harbor and is where we suggest buying your groceries and anything you may need for the property! There are also gas stations here as well.
Fire pit: There are NO fires allowed at the cottages, but down by the beach you can make your own fire with driftwood and/or logs others may have left behind. You can also purchase wood bundles at the General Store in Copper Harbor.
Grill: Gas Grill and charcoal grill available. There are also grills at the park.
Grocery: Get them in Houghton, MI on your way up to the cabin. 30 min drive from the cabin.
Internet: Yes, there is Wi-Fi.
Linens: Yes, we provide your sheets and linens. Just like a hotel, the beds will be made for you upon arrival. If you are fussy about the thread count of your sheets, just let me know, and I’ll make sure we leave a bed open for your sheets. We have just the basic sheets, pillows, pillow cases and bath towels.
Parking: Very limited.
Pets: Sorry, pets are not welcome due to allergies.
Picnic Tables: There are picnic tables near for everyone to enjoy.
Privacy: All four cottages are right next to each other.
Space: 1 story home, cozy feeling.
Swimming: Swimming is definitely recommended at the beautiful beach down the way. There are rafts available in the cottage for you to use.
Towels: Yes, we provide towels. It's always good to bring extra though.
TV’s- There are new TV’s in every cottage.
Washer & Dryer: There is a laundry room with new appliances. Shared use of all 4 cottages, outside in its own storage shed.
|closed||11/27/2018 - 04/30/2019||120||$100.00|
|05/01/2019 - 06/20/2019||2||$90.00|
|06/21/2019 - 09/05/2019||3||$150.00|
|Sept.after Labor Day-October 2019||09/06/2019 - 10/31/2019||2||$100.00|
|11/01/2019 - 12/31/2020||2||$100.00|
We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us. We apologize about the fireplace. We hope you do book again in the future. Remember, we have 60 properties stacked around Michigan; please check out our website to see the newest homes and special deals.
We are happy you enjoyed your stay!
Our sentiments exactly!
WOW! THANK YOU for the wonderful feedback. We appreciate your loyalty and would concur that is a pleasure having you as guests. We are continually adding new properties, as you know, so please continue to check out our website or "like" us on facebook to see specials.