Michigan’s diverse landscape has made it one of the most beautiful states in the country. From the mighty Mackinac Bridge to the Tahquamenon Falls, these are the top 10 most Instagrammable spots in Michigan.
First time visiting Michigan? Read our vacation guide for things to do, places to eat, and dates for festivals all over the Wolverine state.
Top 10 Most Instagrammable Attractions in Michigan
- The Mackinac Bridge – The “Mighty Mac” has connected both of Michigan’s peninsulas for over 60 years. The fifth-longest suspension bridge in the world, the Mackinac Bridge is both beautiful and impressive especially when it is lit up at night (or at Christmas!).
- Pictured Rocks – Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore is a stretch of land on Lake Superior where you can see the history of erosion on the exposed rocks. Take a kayaking tour so you can paddle underneath the outcroppings and get even better pictures of the natural phenomenon!
- Tahquamenon Falls – The most famous waterfall in the YUP, Tahquamenon Falls is comprised of an Upper and Lower section making it the second-largest waterfall east of the Mississippi River (to Niagra Falls).
- Dutch Heritage – Holland, Michigan is a town that preserves the unique Dutch heritage of the state. From the large tulip fields to the unique Dutch buildings of downtown, all of your friends will love the unique portraits you take here!
- Au Sable Lighthouse – The tallest lighthouse on the YUP, Au Sable Light Station sits on the northern point of Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore and is home to miles of walking trails.
- Harbor View Farm & Nursery – There are many lavender farms in Michigan, but the Harbor View Farm & Nursery has the best landscape for pictures! While you are there you can buy some lavender to take home with you as well.
- Mackinac Island – Also known as, “the Jewel of the Great Lakes,” Mackinac Island is a popular tourist spot for all of the right reasons. You will not find cars on the island (they are illegal), but you will find historic homes, the Mackinac Island Lilac Festival, and great lighting for your Instagrammable adventures.
- Vans Beach – Found in the quaint town of Leland, Michigan, Vans Beach offers the best views of Lake Michigan without the fanfare.
- Vineyard 2121 – In the mood for a wine tasting? Visit Vineyard 2121 for a wine pairing indoors or outdoors for a great time and a great view!
- Mount Bohemia – The snow might present a challenge to taking great IG pictures on the beach, but it’s the perfect backdrop on the slopes of Mount Bohemia! An incredible ski slope, the view from the top is absolutely breathtaking.
Your Michigan Vacation Rental
Freshwater Vacation Rentals offers the ultimate getaway to Michigan’s beautiful outdoors. We have a selection of properties across the state, including the Upper Peninsula. Check out our UP Things to Do page for a closer look into everything that this region has to offer.
Start planning your vacation today by booking one of our rentals. We look forward to welcoming you to the Freshwater family!